Premises Liability Lawyers Serving Tyler and Beyond
Legal representation for those who have been injured on someone else’s property
All property owners and caretakers have a legal obligation to keep their buildings or land free of hazards that could result in harm to another. Whether the injury arises from a vicious dog or a slippery floor, those in charge of the property must repair damaged areas or warn others of potential dangers that exist. If you are injured because a property owner or caretaker failed to appropriately shield you from harm, you can file suit to collect payment for your tangible and intangible losses under Texas premises liability law.
The elements of a premises liability lawsuit
Texas premises liability law states that you must prove all of the following conditions in order to file a liability claim:
- The property in question contained a danger that posed an unreasonable risk to those who entered the premises — with or without permission
- The property owner or caretaker was aware of, or should have been aware of, the danger at hand
- The owner or caretaker failed to warn you about or keep you from the danger
- The owner or caretaker was negligent and did not repair or take the necessary precautions to protect you from the unreasonable risk
- You sustained an injury as a result of the owner or caretaker’s failure to take the necessary precautions to protect others
- Your injury was the direct result of the hazard on the property in question
You must be able to produce evidence concerning all of these points in order to sue someone for injuries that occurred on his or her property.
Browning & Hernandez’s attorneys have extensive experience handling premises liability claims in Dallas and throughout East Texas. We represent injury victims in lawsuits dealing with:
- Slips and falls
- Trips and falls
- Assaults and robberies facilitated by inadequate security
- Animal attacks
- Commercial premises injuries
- Wrongful death
While our law firm settles many claims before litigation becomes necessary, we have the legal savvy needed to present strong, persuasive arguments before a judge or jury.
Contact Browning & Hernandez today
At any time you are injured or a loved one suffers a wrongful death, you have a reliable resource at Browning & Hernandez. Call 972.638.8143 or contact us online today to schedule your free initial consultation to discuss your injury case.
Our principal office is located in Dallas, Texas. We are in the office from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, but we are truly available 24 hours per day.